HI! I’M MIRIAM…
and this is my creative hub. Other than my passion for acting, (see more on that here) I have a love for so many other things among them fashion and beauty. This blog was created to give those things a place to live.
As I like to say, this blog is more than just fashion. It is a reflection of every facet of my being and I hope you enjoy it. I’m a natural storyteller and sharing my own experiences and thoughts is just my way of connecting & aspiring to inspire. Overall I like to promote what I deem motivational lifestyle.
There are two things that prevent us from achieving our dreams: believing them to be impossible or seeing those dreams made possible by some sudden turn of the wheel of fortune, when you least expected it.
I’ve never been the stereotypical actor with a waitressing or bartending job. I figured I’d put my degree to use (BA in Communications / Media Studies) and had a 9-to-5 “survival job” in advertising. Soon I became obsessed with social media and digital in general and started taking one-off courses to enhance my skills. I got really lucky and landed a job at a YouTube network managing iconic brands such as JAY Z Life+Times and LIVES with Meredith Vieira. Then I got really lucky and worked at NBCUniversal. And now you can catch me on Orange Is the New Black as Pidge 😀
- Ethnicity: Proud Boriqua! My parents are from Puerto Rico but I was born here in NY. I am fluent in Spanish but I like to say Spanglish 😉
- Favorite Food: In my past life I swear I was Indian, so I’m going to say Indian food…chicken tikka masala and a mango lassi please!
- Goodreads: It may sound so cliche but I love reading (writing too duh!). My affinity for Latino authors in particular is crazy; Esmeralda Santiago, Junot Diaz, Isabel Allende, Aaron Michael Morales, I mean I can go on and on and on!
- Second Screen Lover: As an actor watching movies, TV, web series etc. is part of my job. I’m obsessed with Orange Is the New Black (obviously!) , Jane the Virgin, and countless others. Oh, and live tweeting during a Scandal episode is such a necessity. #GLADIATOR.
- How to stay connected: Social media of course! Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.